Planned Giving for APNM
APNM’s Enchantment Club
Download Enchantment Club Newsletters:
Animal Protection of New Mexico has created the APNM Enchantment Club --its planned giving club-- for those members and others who have expressed an interest in planned giving to benefit APNM and the animals we work so hard to protect. Periodically, APNM will publish and distribute an Enchantment Club newsletter with useful information for donors such as: highlights of the hard-hitting work we are doing for animals; ways that donors can make an enormous difference by making a bequest to APNM; and a member spotlight about someone who has already included APNM in his/her will. This newsletter will serve as a valuable resource for those who realize that making real change for animals requires not just strategic approaches but also adequate resources. If you would like to receive the Enchantment Club newsletter, please contact us at 505-265-2322 or email us.
Thank you so much for requesting information about including Animal Protection of New Mexico, Inc. (APNM) in your estate plans. It means so much to us that you are considering supporting our organization in such a meaningful way. Making a bequest to APNM is a wonderful way to express your love for animals and will help ensure that your wishes for their humane treatment will be carried forth.
1. We first suggest that you consult with an attorney or estate planner for the preparation of your will to ensure that it is considered a legal document. You may be interested to know that in 2001, APNM created the APNM Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization whose only purpose is to specifically support the work of APNM. We suggest you make your gift to the APNM Foundation in order to directly support APNM.
2. Sample Language for your Last Will and Testament
To directly benefit APNM, you
only need name the APNM Foundation, its address, federal tax identification
number, and the amount of the bequest, as in the example below:
I give, devise, and bequeath to the APNM Foundation, Inc., P. O. Box 11395, Albuquerque, N.M. 87192, federal tax identification number 26-0042048, the sum of $_________ (or describe the real or personal property, or portion of the estate) to be used for its general purposes.
Gifts to the APNM Foundation may be either:
• permanently restricted toward an endowment for APNM’s long-term financial well-being; or
• unrestricted and therefore able to be immediately used for APNM’s purposes.
3. You might also want to contact your financial advisor or tax attorney specifically about giving through a Charitable Remainder Trust, since they offer an especially creative way for you to support APNM’s work with a gift during your lifetime, while also providing for your own needs.
For additional information about planned giving, please contact APNM’s Executive Director, Elisabeth Jennings. Thank you again for supporting our work and for your thoughtful consideration of APNM in your estate plans!