Support our Disaster Relief Fund.
Your gift will help all animals affected by the devastating fires
Fire Emergency Resources
- For up-to-date information on current and past wildfires, evacuation centers/shelters for animals and people, how to apply for federal assistance, general funds accepting monetary donations, and where to donate needed items, visit the New Mexico Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management’s website: https://www.nmdhsem.org/2022-wildfires/
- For daily in-depth fire and evacuation status updates, visit the interagency NM Fire Info website: https://nmfireinfo.com/
- The Santa Fe Community Foundation has compiled a list of places to give or receive assistance: https://www.santafecf.org/news-stories/new-mexico-wildfire-relief-resources
- For help sheltering companion animals/pets: Contact Marshal Wilson at 575-339-5035
- For help evacuating livestock: Contact State Police Dispatch at 505-425-6771
- To find your local NMLB inspector, visit: https://www.nmlbonline.com/inspectors
- To make a Safe Escort Request to property to feed animals: Contact State Police at 505-425-6771
- If you are missing animals from the San Miguel or Mora County fires, please visit the Animal Welfare Coalition of Northeastern New Mexico’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/animalwelfarenewmexico/
- Please remember that it is normal during wildfires to see wildlife in areas where they do not typically occur. There is no need to report these sightings. However, if wildlife appears to be injured, please contact local conservation officers through the New Mexico State Police non-emergency number at (505) 841-9256.