Disaster Relief Assistance
Were your animals affected by New Mexico’s 2022 wildfires? Or do you know someone in your community who was affected? APNM may be able to help with food, supplies, wildfire-related veterinary care, and more.
To request assistance, please fill out this online Disaster Relief Assistance Application. If you are unable to apply online, contact us by calling 505-803-3770 or emailing email@example.com.
Eligible for assistance: individuals with personal animals, animal rescue or shelter organizations, wildlife rehabilitation facilities, local governments, and law enforcement agencies affected by New Mexico wildfires or the aftereffects of New Mexico wildfires. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact us.
Not eligible for assistance: individuals or entities with animals who are used for profit such as breeding, food production, or other commercial purposes. Please see NM Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management’s Livestock & Agricultural Support request form or contact us for additional resources.
Disaster Relief Support
Support our Disaster Relief Fund. Your gift will help animals affected by the devastating fires and other disasters.
Fire Emergency Resources
- For up-to-date information on current and past wildfires, evacuation centers/shelters for animals and people, how to apply for federal assistance, general funds accepting monetary donations, and where to donate needed items, visit the New Mexico Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management’s website: https://www.nmdhsem.org/2022-wildfires/
- For daily in-depth fire and evacuation status updates, visit the interagency NM Fire Info website: https://nmfireinfo.com/
- The Santa Fe Community Foundation has compiled a list of places to give or receive assistance: https://www.santafecf.org/news-stories/new-mexico-wildfire-relief-resources
- For help sheltering companion animals/pets: Contact your local emergency manager through your county’s Office of Emergency Management
- For help evacuating livestock: Contact State Police Dispatch at 505-425-6771
- To find your local NMLB inspector, visit: https://www.nmlbonline.com/inspectors
- To make a Safe Escort Request to property to feed animals: Contact State Police at 505-425-6771
- If you are missing animals from the San Miguel or Mora County fires, please visit the Animal Welfare Coalition of Northeastern New Mexico’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/animalwelfarenewmexico/
- Please remember that it is normal during wildfires to see wildlife in areas where they do not typically occur. There is no need to report these sightings. However, if wildlife appears to be injured, please contact local conservation officers through the New Mexico State Police non-emergency number at (505) 841-9256.