New Mexico State Statutes
Here is a selection of state laws of special interest for shelters and animal control officers:
- New Mexico Animal Cruelty Statute (PDF download)
- Dogs and Domesticated Animals (PDF download)
- Dangerous Dog Act (PDF download)
- Pet Sterilization Act (PDF download)
New Mexico – City and County Ordinances
- Click here for APNM’s statewide directory of local ordinances, plus related resources.
- Animal Control Ordinances in New Mexico – A Guide to Successful Improvements
New Mexico Animal Cruelty Hotline:
Agencies that require assistance with animal cruelty cases can call APNM’s Animal Cruelty Hotline at 1-877-5-HUMANE (1-877-548-6263) or 1-505-265-2322, ext. 29. Callers may remain anonymous.